Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Guess who's back!

Hello nice reader!

I'm back! Wow, it's been a while since the last time I posted here! Almost two years and my life has changed a whole lot. I'll try not to give too many details, because these two years have definitely been crazy and I don't want to get you (too) bored.

Let's see where we were! During that previous post I was living and working as a Spanish teaching assistant in Paris. Well, even though I was offered the possibility to keep working at those high schools, I decided that it wasn't what I really wanted to do, so a month later I came back to my village in Spain and started my own translation business. Just four or five months later I was already working (and enjoying) full time, so I can't say things aren't going well!

Regarding my ballet training, I obviously left my ballet academy in Paris and got enrolled in a great school in León, the closest city to my village in Spain. When I got there, my teacher suggested I should go to the advanced level with the advanced girls and boys (yikes!), so I did. And I have to admit that during the first months I was super lost in class, but after a while I got used to it... and now, starting my second year at an advanced level, I am feeling great and actually dancing awesome stuff. My classmates are a bunch of lovely and talented people and I am learning so much from them. In June we did two performances with actual excerpts from the scene of the shades from La Bayadère (so I actually got to wear a white tutu!) and a contemporary piece set to inspiring music by Ludovico Einaudi.

Rehearsing La Bayadère - Photo (c) Abocados
So far this year, in addition to our 5 hours a week we've done an intensive advanced course that consisted in 9 dancing hours over three days with one of the greatest experts in pedagogy of dance in the country. That was exhausting, but so rewarding. My lovely teacher has recently told me that she's really amazed by my progress, so right now I couldn't be happier!

Contemporary piece - Photo (c) Abocados
Moi in London.
Also, I have travelled quite a lot since the previous post. In April I went to Madrid to see Le Corsaire by the English National Ballet, with Tamara Rojo as Medora and that was definitely a night to remember. I've also been to London three more times. During the first trip I ended up assisting to the West End Live 2013 by chance, which made me develop a strong love for musical theatre. So since then I've enjoyed many musicals and ballets there. I've seen Phantom of the Opera twice (a total of five times in my lifetime), Wicked three times, Evita, Swan Lake in the Round by ENB and I fulfilled my life dream of watching the full Manon ballet live, performed by the Royal Ballet. My favourite ballet ever with one of my favourite ballerinas ever, Marianela Núñez. My God, that was special.

So that is pretty much all for now. It's nice to be back.
I hope to be able to keep writing here now that my timetable is a bit more stable.

Have fun!
Nerea.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your business! ((And keep dancing, it seems to be exactly what the body needs after hours and hours in front of the computer...)

    ReplyDelete