Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Final thoughts before the show

I have to admit that I have already done this. I have been dancing in front of a crowd before. But it's been so long since then, that it feels like the first time. I can't believe that this time tomorrow I will be heading towards the theatre, probably repeating the flamenco steps in my head and making sure I haven't forgotten anything. We'll have a general rehearsal before the show, anyway, to make sure everything is fine.

I still don't know the look of our hair for the show, and it's a thing I'm kind of worried about, as I'm a total disaster at anything related to doing my hair, haha. I'll ask my teacher later, but I guess it's not that important. My dress is ready to be worn during a couple of days, and so are my shoes. I have to buy some new tights, though. I've run out of them.

Some days ago I promised my viewers on YouTube that I would upload the video of the performance, so I guess I will put it in here as well. Only if it isn't absolutely horrible. No, Nerea. It won't be horrible.

Tonight I have my last ballet and flamenco classes of the term and I'm going to miss them so much. I mean, what am I going to do during the whole summer without dancing? I will probably stay home watching TV or some other banal thing. But hey, I guess we all need a break. Anyway, I'm determined not to lose the strength I've gained this year on my arms and legs (yeah, I finally can see that Y-shaped muscle on my legs and I want it to stay there), so I promise I will stretch many days a week and do some barre exercices. I want my teacher, Mrs. C, to be proud of me when I see her again in September.

As well as practising ballet, I will start with my interpreting schedule on Monday, after the performances. I'm still not sure about my English level for interpreting next year, but I want to improve my skills, and I will.

I might write another blog entry tomorrow, after the first performance. Or maybe not. Anyway you will be able to read my news very soon. And hopefully I will show you an "spectacular" show.


Until then...
Ta-da!
Nerea.

EDIT: I just realised that before giving up ballet, the last day I danced when I was a child was June 24th 2003. You know what? My first performance EVER since then will be in June 24th 2011. EXACTLY eight years later. It has to mean something. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment