Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I can do it, guys!

So a month and a half ago I wrote this post about ballet being French, in which I said that when I was a little girl I was very proud of my grand écart. I also stated that those were happy times and that now I couldn't do it anymore.

But guys... I don't know how or when it happened, but now I can do it! I CAN DO IT!
When I was trying to do some pirouettes -by the way, I'm getting better at those-, I said to myself: "let's see if you are closer to the ground when doing the splits!" And I tried... and went down, and down, and down... and this is what I got!

Ha! And it's not a fake one! A little painful it is, but not fake!

See? I can do it, I can do it! *Happy dances*

Anyway, I still don't understand it. I really don't. I haven't stretched that much these days, and I haven't done much ballet during summer. I guess even if it's just a little bit, stretching works. It really does! And that is the proof you were looking for!!!
So... stretch, guys! STRECH!

Nerea.

8 comments:

  1. Great photo-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your saying there is a chance...
    Splits have been an elusive goal of mine, Maybe I'll get lucky one day (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @leotardsandthebunsinthem Chris, I had given up on those, I swear! And then they happened! =D
    Nothing is impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eres de Salamanca? y vlogger! qué completa! :)
    yo bailaba, desde los 8 añitos, pero lo dejé hace unos 4 y ya no me atrevo a volver... una pena.

    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lady Drama Hola! Soy de León, pero vivo en Salamanca porque estudio aquí. Tú de dónde eres?
    Sí, me encanta hacer vídeos aunque a veces me lleven demasiado tiempo. Hablando de eso, hace más de dos meses que no subo nada... habrá que ponerse al lío.

    Qué pena que no te atrevas a volver! Yo empecé son seis años, bailé hasta los 13 y lo retomé con 20, por si eso te sirve de aliciente!

    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!!! that's always a good feeling. :) i hope to get there soon! i don't know why but sometimes when I let up on the stretching for a bit, i actually end up more flexible... it's really weird and i don't think it's supposed to work that way, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hannah Thank you! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks that! I had been going to ballet classes twice a week during the last academic year and I couldn't even think of doing the splits. But after a three month long break, I could. You're right, it isn't supposed to work that way, at all!

    ReplyDelete