Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

It wasn't embarrassing, but it does hurt!

Last minute of class. We were doing some temps levés en arabesque with a chassé and the floor was a little slippery, so I lost my balance and fell down with all the impulse on my knee. Yes, the very same knee that was already bruised. So I got up quickly, Mrs. M asked if I was alright, I said yes (my pride, you know) and continued dancing.

When class finished I looked in the mirror and I saw my torn tights and my blood and... let's just say that it wasn't very funny.

Yep, I fell down in class, I got a cut that hurts a lot and I ripped my tights.
So what? Professionals fall all the time. Even the amazing Sylvie Guillem! I've got over it! I'm already getting ready for a two-hour-long rehearsal tomorrow afternoon! Say what?

National Ballet of Canada - Photo: Cylla von Tiedemann

Let's dance!
Nerea.

9 comments:

  1. Ouch! One fellow knee-bruiser here. Hope yours gets ok soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you fell but I love your attitude about it! Let's dance indeed! You are right--falls are bound to happen but are no reason not to dance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not happy that I fell, but in a way it kind of means that I was giving all I got. I was feeling liberated and that freedom didn't let me see that the floor wanted to give me a high five! ;)

      Delete
  3. You´re so brave! Keep holding on, you´ll become a wonderful ballet dancer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi darling <3 I just knew your blog a little time ago and I like it :P

    I am so excited because I finally got my ballet clases!!! At least, I was fighting for them almost a year!! and I wanted you to give me advice ^^ What should I do to improve quick :P

    Thank you ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Liz!
      Thanks, I'm glad you like my blog!

      So what do you think of your classes? They are lots of fun, aren't they? :D
      I'm no expert in the matter, but I think the best advice I can give you is that you try to dance like nobody's watching! Of course, pay good attention to all the corrections your teacher gives you and try to put them into practice. You will find lots of steps that are tricky at the beginning, but little by little you'll get used to them and later you'll find new challenges. Ballet is cool because you always have things to learn.
      Don't ever give up; don't feel deceived if you can't perform a step.

      Practice a lot and have fun!
      xx
      Nerea.

      Delete